About Mr Pasquale Giordano
Mr Pasquale Giordano is a consultant surgeon at Whipps Cross University Hospital where he was appointed in 2004. Since his appointment Mr Giordano has rapidly built a personal reputation for very high standard of care and training attracting the most senior colorectal trainees from our region as well as visiting fellows from overseas. Many of the patients treated are referred from all across the UK and abroad.
He qualified in Medicine from the University of Naples, Italy in 1990. After finishing his specialist surgical training in Italy in 1995 he moved to the UK to pursue further higher surgical training. His colorectal training includes a Fellowship at the Department of Colorectal Surgery of the Cleveland Clinic Florida and a Senior Colorectal Fellowship at the Centre for Academic Surgery the Royal London Hospital. In 2002 he was appointed as a Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Academic Surgery the Royal London Hospital. Since 2004 he has been working as a Consultant Surgeon at Whipps Cross University Hospital. He is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Barts and the London Medical School, Queen Mary University of London.
During these lat few years he has concentrated on the development and application of new treatment modalities for common coloproctological conditions such as haemorrhoids, anal fissure and faecal incontinence. He has been the first surgeon to introduce the THD technique in the UK in 2002 and is currently the surgeon with the largest experience in the UK. He also has a special interest in difficult abdominal wall defect reconstruction using biological material and he has been amongst the very first surgeons in the world to develop these complex reconstructive techniques to treat the most difficult hernias.
Mr Giordano has built an international reputation and has produced a numerous scientific papers and publications on these subjects and given numerous invited lectures and live surgical demonstrations. He is a clinical supervisor at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and is actively involved in appointing, educating and training future surgeons. He is the director of the only THD training course currently available in the UK where many surgeons from the UK and overseas already have been trained.
To see Online Medical Publications click here.
For more relevant information about Pasquale Giordano click here.
Consultant Surgeon & Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
Year qualified: 1990
- Consultant Surgeons – Barts Health, London UK
- Department of Colorectal Surgery Lead – Barts Health, London UK
- Honorary Senior Lecturer – Queen Mary University London
- Clinical Lead Community Colorectal Specialist Services – Waltham Forest PCT
- North East Thames Representative of The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Coloproctology, laparoscopic surgery, endoscopy, Colorectal cancer
- Anorectal physiology and reconstruction, pelvic floor surgery
- Benign proctologic disorders including haemorrhoids, anal fistula, anal fissure etc
- Hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction, Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Functional bowel problems
- Benign proctological disorders
- Complex abdominal wall reconstructions
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Italian Society of Colorectal Surgery